Templeton, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Narberth parish, Pembrokeshire. The village is 2 miles SSW of Narberth, and has a post office under Narberth; money order and telegraph office, Narberth. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1863. Population, 571. A property here belonged to the Knights Templars. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St Davids. Patron, the Crown. The church was built in 1862. There is a Congregational chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Templeton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: