St Brides Bay, Pembrokeshire
Brides Bay, St, a large bay in Pembroke. It faces the W; is flanked on the N side of the entrance by Ramsey Island, on the S side by Skomer Island, goes 10¼ miles inland, and is 9½ miles wide at the widest part, and 6¾ near the head. It is unsafe when the winds are westerly, and has in one part a reef, but is otherwise safe, and gives anchorage for small craft in Solva Haven near St Davids, and in Goultrop Road, and St Brides Haven, near St Brides.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of St Brides Bay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: