UK Genealogy Archives logo

Stenson, Derbyshire

Historical Description

Stenson, a hamlet in Twyford parish, Derbyshire, 4½ miles SSW of Derby, and 2 from Kepton station on the M.R. There is a Wesleyan chapel. See TWYFORD AND STENSON.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in conjunction with the Derbyshire Record Office, have the Church of England Baptisms (1538-1916), Marriages and Banns (1538-1932), and Burials (1538-1991) online.


Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.


Maps

Online maps of Stenson are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online:

DistrictSouth Derbyshire
CountyDerbyshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtDE73
Post TownDerby