New Milford, Pembrokeshire
Milford, New, or Neyland, a seaport village in Llanstadwell parish, Pembrokeshire, on a creek of Milford Haven, at the terminus of the South Wales branch of the G.W.R.y opposite Pembroke Dock and Hobb's Point, 3 miles NW of Pembroke. It is mainly of recent growth, and took the name-of New Milford in lieu of the old name of Neyland in rivalry of Milford, situated 4 miles to the WN, and it has a post, money order, and telegraph office of the name of Neyland (R.S.O.), a railway station of the name of New Milford, and a custom-house. Steamers to Waterford and Cork start from here, and there is a ferry to Pembroke Dock. Th& parish church of Llanstadwell is about half a mile distant. There are Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: