Castlemartin, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on the coast, 6 miles WSW of Pembroke, and has a post office under Pembroke; money order and telegraph office, Angle. Acreage, 4811; population, 381. An ancient entrenchment has left some vestiges. The parish extends a considerable way along a rugged coast. Several ancient British and Danish remains are on the coast. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £239 with residence. Patron, Earl Cawdor. The church is old but excellent. The hundred of Castlemartin is famous for its breed of black cattle.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pembroke||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Castlemartin are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: