Abercastle, a village in Mathry parish, Pembrokeshire, on the coast, 6½ miles NNE of St David's. It has a small harbour. On the farm of Longhouse, above it, is a cromlech, comprising a massive capstone 16 feet long, four supporting stones o½ feet high, and two other stones.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Abercastle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: