Watnall Cantelupe and Watnall Chaworth, Nottinghamshire
Watnall Cantelupe and Watnall Chaworth form a village in Greasley parish, Notts, 6 miles NW of Nottingham. It has a station on the M.R. and a post office under Nottingham, both of the name of Watnall; money order and telegraph office, Kimberley. There is a Wesleyan chapel, and there are collieries in the neighbourhood.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Basford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Watnall Cantelupe and Watnall Chaworth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Watnall-Cantelupe and Watnall-Cha-Worth)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.