Stanton Hill, Nottinghamshire
Stanton Hill, a hamlet in Skegby parish, Notts, near Teversal station on a branch of the M.R. It has a post and money order office under Mansfield; telegraph office, Teversal (R.S.) There is a church school in which divine service is held every Sunday. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the Stanton Ironworks.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stanton Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.