Holbeck Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire
Holbeck Woodhouse, a hamlet in Norton Cuckney parish, Notts, half a mile SE of Holbeck township. A chapel of ease is here, with about £35 a year, and served by the Vicar of Norton Cuckney.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Holbeck Woodhouse are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.