Clipston on the Wolds, Nottinghamshire
Clipston-on-the-Wolds, a township in Plumtree parish, Notts, 6½ miles SE of Nottingham. Post town, Nottingham; money order and telegraph office, Keyworth. Acreage, 938; population, 61. Earl Manvers is lord of the manor.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.