Bassingfield, a hamlet in the parishes of Holme-Pierre-pont and Gamston, Notts, 4 miles SE of Nottingham, which is the post town. It is 123 miles from London and 3 from Radcliffe-on-Trent station on the G.N.R.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bassingfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.