Willimoteswick, a hamlet in Ridley township, Northumberland, containing a ruined castle of the Ridleys. It stands on the South Tyne river, 4 miles E of Haltwhistle, and about a mile from Bardon Mill station on the N.E.R., and was the birthplace of the martyr Bishop Ridley. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Bardon Mill, under Carlisle.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Willimoteswick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: