Whitley (Hexham), Northumberland
Whitley, a chapelry in Northumberland, consisting of The townships of High, Middle, and Low Quarter, on Devil's Water, 5½ miles S of Hexham railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Hexham. Population, 604. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Newcastle-on-Tyne; gross value, £105. The church consists of chancel, nave, and turret. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: