Thirston with Shothaugh, Northumberland
Thirston-with-Shothaugh, a township in Felton parish, Northumberland, 9½ miles S by E of Alnwick, and 6 from Widdrington station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Felton. Acreage, 2026; population, 245. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor. There is a Presbyterian chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thirston with Shothaugh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Thriston or Thirston, East and West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: