Stobswood, a village in Higham ecclesiastical parish, Northumberland, 1 mile from Widdrington station on the N.E.R. There is a small colliery, also a voluntary school, built in 1881, and enlarged in 1891. Post town, Morpeth; money order office, Longhirst; telegraph office, Widdrington railway station.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Stobswood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: