Staward Peel, Northumberland
Staward Peel, a picturesque spot in the SW of Northumberland, on the river Alien, 9 miles WSW of Hexham. A Border castle or peel stood here, and has left a fragmentary ruin. There is a station on the N.E.R.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Staward Peel are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: