Slaggyford, a hamlet in Knaresdale parish, Northumberland, with a station on the Alston railway, 8½ miles S of Haltwhistle. It has a post office under Carlisle; money order and telegraph office, Alston. Two annual fairs for cattle and horses are held. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Slaggyford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: