Rowfoot, a hamlet in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland, Rowington, a parish in Warwickshire, near the Birmingham and Warwick Canal, 1½ mile SE of Kingswood station on the G.W.R., and 6 miles NW of Warwick. It has a post office, called Rowington Green, under Warwick; money order office, Kingswood; telegraph office, Hatton. It includes Moseley End, Lowsonford, Pinley Green, High Cross, Holywelly and part of Kingswood hamlets. Acreage, 3817; population of the civil parish, 814; of the ecclesiastical, 779. There is a parish council consisting of six members. The manor was given by Queen Elizabeth to the Earl of Dudley. Rowington Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £200 with residence. The church was originally Norman, but dates chiefly from the 15th century. It has an exceedingly narrow S aisle, and contains some ancient stained glass and numerous monuments. It was restored in 1872. There is a chapel of easfr at Lowsonford, and a Congregational chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Rowfoot are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: