Rimside Moor, Northumberland
Rimside Moor, a moor in the N of Long Framlington parish, Northumberland, formerly much infested by highwaymen, 4 miles ENE of Rothbury. A Northumbrian proverb says, "As wide as Eimside Moor;" and an old ballad is called " The Black Sow of Rimside and the Monk of Holy Island."
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Rimside Moor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: