Powburn, a hamlet in Whittingham parish, Northumberland, a quarter of a mile from Hedgeley station on the N.E.R., at the influx of a brook of its own name into the river Breamish, 8½ miles WNW of Alnwick. Post town, Alnwick; money order and telegraph office, Glanton.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Powburn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: