Plessey, a ville in Stannington parish, Northumberland, on the river Blyth, with a station on the N.E.R. 5 miles SSE of Morpeth. It figures in many ancient deeds and records. Plessey Hall was formerly the seat of the Plessey family, but is now a farmhouse; and Plessey Mill was connected with St Bartholomew's Monastery in Newcastle.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Plessey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Plessey, with Shotton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: