Percy or Percy Main, Northumberland
Percy or Percy Main, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Tynemouth parish, Northumberland. The village stands on the river Tyne, and on the Newcastle and Tyne-month railway, at the junction of the line to Blyth, 1½ mile WSW of North Shields, and has a station on the railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Newcastle-upon-Tyne, both of the name of Percy Main. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1861. Population, 7051. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in the docks and neighbouring works, and in agriculture. The living is a vicarage ira the diocese of Newcastle; gross value, £312 with residence, Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is a modern building in the Early English style, and consists of chance!, nave, aisles, and bell-cot. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: