New Hartley, Northumberland
New Hartley, a colliery village in Hartley township, Delaval parish, Northumberland. It is about 1½ mile from Hartley station on the N.E.R., and has a post and money order office under Newcastle-on-Tyne; telegraph office, Seaton Delaval. There are Primitive and New Connexion Methodist chapels, a chapel of ease, and a mechanics' institute.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of New Hartley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: