Mote Hills, Northumberland
Mote Hills, two remarkable mounds on the east side of Elsdon Burn. in Elsdon parish, Northumberland, on Watling Street, near Elsdon church. They are supposed to have been large accumulations of drift due to diluvial action, and shaped into their present form by the old Celtic inhabitants. The Romans are believed to have made use of them as a post of observation and a place of sepulture, for many Roman remains have been found in them.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: