Low Town, Northumberland
Low Town, an ecclesiastical parish in Tynemouth civil parish, Northumberland, or St Peter's parish, North Shields. It was constituted a district for ecclesiastical purposes in 1860, and is the riverside parish of North Shields. Post town, North Shields. Population, 3504. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Newcastle-on-Tyne; gross value, £320 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is a building in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, and a tower.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Low Town are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: