Longstone, one of the Fern or Farne islands, off the coast of Northumberland. It is the remotest of the group; measures three-quarters of a mile in length; and has a lighthouse,. erected in 1827, showing a half-minute light, visible at the distance of 13 miles.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Longstone are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: