Glenwhett, a hamlet in Blenkinsop township, Halt-whistle parish, Northumberland, near the Roman Wall, one-fourth of a mile from Greenhead station on the Carlisle and Newcastle railway, and 3¼ miles W by N of Haltwhistle. It is separated by Tippal Burn from Greenhead village, and has an inn, the garden wall of which includes a Roman altar.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: