Priestcliff, a hamlet in Taddington township, Bakewell parish, Derbyshire, near the river Wye, 3½ miles S of Tides-well, and 1½ mile from Miller's Dale station on the M.R. It contains a cliff over Blackwall Dale, and has an endowed school with about £80 a year.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bakewell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Priestcliff from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Priestcliffe)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: