Fenham (Kyloe), Northumberland
Fenham, formerly a township in Holy Island parish, but under an Order of 12 Nov., 1880, included in Kyloe parish, Northumberland, 5½ miles NNW of Bedford. Fenham Flats are the sands which extend between Holy Island and the mainland. Post town, Beal (E.S.O.)
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Holy Island|
|Poor Law union||Berwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fenham (Kyloe) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fenham)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: