UK Genealogy Archives logo

Elishaw, Northumberland

Historical Description

Elishaw, a hamlet in Rochester Ward parish, Northumberland, on Watling Street and the river Reed, 7¼ miles NNE of Bellingham. It used to be much frequented by Gipsy rovers, and has some remains of an ancient hospital.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Elishaw are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: