UK Genealogy Archives logo

East and West Woodburn, Northumberland

Historical Description

Woodburn, East and West, two villages in Corsenside parish, Northumberland, on the river Reed and Watling Street, with a station called Woodburn on the North British railway, 4½ miles NE by E of Bellingham. There is a post and money order office (R.S.O.) under Bellingham; telegraph office, Bellingham.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: