Copeland Castle, Northumberland
Copeland Castle, an old seat in the north of Northumberland, on the river Glen, 4½ miles NW of Wooler. It succeeded an older seat which belonged to John de Copeland, who took David II. prisoner, and it was built in 1614 by the Wallaces, and now belongs to the Rev. M. Culley, who is lord of the manor.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: