UK Genealogy Archives logo

Chesterhope, Northumberland

Historical Description

Chesterhope, a hamlet in Corsenside parish, Northumberland, on Watling Street and the river Reed, 2 miles S of Otterburn. Post and money order office. West Woodbum (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Bellingham.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishCorsenside 
WardTindale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Chesterhope from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Chesterhope are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: