Castle Ward, Northumberland
Castle-Ward, one of the wards of the county of Northumberland, extending northward from the borough boundaries of Newcastle. It has an area of 99,374 acres, and is divided into East and West divisions, the former comprising the parishes of Tynemouth, Earsdon, and Wallsend, and the latter the parishes of Gosforth, Heddon-on-the-Wall, Long-benton, Newburn, Ponteland, and Stannington, and part of the parishes of Ovingham, St Andrew, and St John (Newcastle), and Cramlington chapelry.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: