Carrow, a hamlet in Simonburn parish, Northumberland, on the Roman Wall, 4¾ miles N of Haydon Bridge. Carrowburgh here was the Procolitia on the Wall where the Batavian cohort was stationed, and two Roman altars have been found.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: