Pilsley, a township, with a village, in Edensor parish, Derbyshire, 2½ miles NE of Bakewell, and 2 from Hassop station on the M.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Edensor. Acreage, 465; population, 226. The village stands on an eminence, and commands beautiful and extensive views. A school-room is used as a chapel of ease.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bakewell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pilsley from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: