Brokenheugh, a hamlet in the parish of Haydon Bridge, Northumberland, 6 miles WNW of Hexham, and 1½ ENE of Haydon Bridge station on the Newcastle and Carlisle section of the N.E.R. Hexham is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Haydon Bridge.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Hexham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brokenheugh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Brokenhaugh, East and West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Brokenheugh are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: