UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bilton, Northumberland

Historical Description

Bilton, a hamlet in Lesbury parish, Northumberland, with a station on the N.E.R;, at the junction of the branch to Alnwick, and 18 miles N of Morpeth.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishLesbury 
Poor Law unionAlnwick 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Bilton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Bilton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE66
Post TownAlnwick