Bewick, New and Old, Northumberland
Bewick, New and Old, two townships in Eglingham parish, Northumberland, on the river Till, 7¼ and 6½ miles SE of Wooler. Acreage, 1140 and 5519; population of New Bewick, 74, and of Old, 165. Two ancient British camps, and the Cateran's or Robber's Hole, are here. Alnwick is the post town. The nearest station is Wooperton on the N.E.B.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: