Beltingham, with Henshaw, Northumberland
Beltingham, with Henshaw, is an ecclesiastical parish in Northumberland, on the South Tyne, adjacent to the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, near Bardon Mill station, 4 miles W of Haydon Bridge. Post town, Bardon Mill under Carlisle. Population of the parish, with Henshaw, 918. A market was formerly held here; and there are three very old and large yews in the churchyard. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Newcastle; value, £170 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Haltwhistle. Beltingham Church (St Cuthbert's) is in the Perpendicular style, and was built in the pre-Reformation times. It was well restored in 1884. Henshaw Church (All Hallows—Bishop Bidley Memorial) was built in 1889, and is in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beltingham, with Henshaw from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Beltingham)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: