Bates Island, Northumberland
Bate's Island, a small island in Earsdon parish, Northumberland, nearly opposite Hartley, 4½ miles SSE of Blyth. There are a small harbour, made by Lord Delaval, for sheltering fishermen in storms, and remains of a chapel and a hermitage.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: