Bardon Mill, Northumberland
Bardon-Mill, a hamlet and a railway station in Northumberland, on the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, adjacent to the South Tyne river, 4 miles W of Haydon Bridge. It has a post and money order office under Carlisle; telegraph office, Haltwhistle. There is a Free Methodist chapel here; also a brick and tile manufactory.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Bardon Mill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: