Anick and Anick Grange, Northumberland
Anick and Anick-Grange, formerly two townships in St John Lee parish, Northumberland, near the Tyne, 1½ mile NE of Hexham. They were amalgamated in 1887 with the township of Sandhoe.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Hexham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Anick and Anick Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Anick-Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Anick and Anick Grange are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: