Wigsthorpe, a hamlet in Lilford parish, Northamptonshire, 4½ miles S by E of Oundle.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Oundle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wigsthorpe from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Wigsthorpe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: