Old Stratford, Northamptonshire
Old Stratford, a hamlet in the parishes of Cosgrove, Furtho, Passenham, and Potterspury, in Northamptonshire. It is separated by the Ouse from Stony Stratford, and it is traversed by the Buckingham branch of the Grand Junction Canal.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Potterspury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Old Stratford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stratford, Old)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Old Stratford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: