Newark, a hamlet in Peterborough St John the Baptist parish, Northamptonshire, within Peterborough borough, but 1½ mile NE by E of Peterborough town. The land is flat and mostly arable. A chapel, dedicated to St Mary Magdalene, formerly was here. There are now a school church and a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Liberty||soke of Peterborough|
|Poor Law union||Peterborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newark from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: