Drayton House, Northamptonshire
Drayton House, a seat 2 miles NW of Thrapston, in Northamptonshire. It was built in the time of Henry VI. by the Greens, and it passed to the Sackvilles and the Stop-fords. Part of a Roman pavement was found at it in 1736. It is now the seat of Mrs Stopford-Sackville, niece of Charles, fifth and last Duke of Dorset.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Drayton House are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: