Newton, a village in Blackwell parish, Derbyshire, 3½ miles NE of Alfreton, with a station, called Tibshelf and Newton on the M.R. It has a post and money order office under Alfreton; telegraph office, at the railway station.
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Newton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: