Newton Grange, Derbyshire
Newton Grange, a township in Ashborne parish, Derbyshire, 1½ mile from Ashborne railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ashborne. Acreage, 1414; population, 47. Sir T. W. Evans, Bart., is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newton Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Newton-Grange)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Newton Grange are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: