Tregynon, a village and a parish, in Montgomeryshire. The village stands 5¼ miles N of Newtown, and has a post and money order office under Newtown; telegraph office, New-town. The parish contains the townships of Aberhale, Llanfechan, and Pwllan. Acreage, 7021; population of the civil parish, 586; of the ecclesiastical, 599. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Gregynog Hall is a seat of Lord Sudeley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; value, £125 with residence. Patron, Lord Sudeley. The church was restored in 1893-94. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Newtown||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: